Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Richard Fairchild
Dr. Richard Fairchild, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Topeka, KS. He has 41 years of experience. His specialties include Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism and Internal Medicine. Dr. Fairchild is affiliated with Holton Community Hospital, Stormont-Vail Regional Health Center and St Francis Health Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Richard Fairchild has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
An endocrinologist is a physician with extensive training in understanding, diagnosing and treating conditions related to the endocrine system. The endocrine system regulates the balance of hormones.
Conditions of the endocrine system involve an over-abundance, or deficiency of a certain hormone. While there is a range when it comes to the amount of a hormone that is deemed normal in a human, these specialists determine whether a person's amount of hormone is indicative of a health concern. Two conditions this specialist might treat are diabetes and obesity.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Addison Disease
- Cushing Disease
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Gland Issues
- Thyroid Diseases
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
Office staff very rude, left me waiting for over an hour in the waiting room. Just want to give you pill and send u on your way. The dr can sit and act like he cares all he wants, still adjusting my Meds for over 5 years for hypothyroidism and feel worse than I ever have! Dr is ok. The office staff and nurses are horrible!
Hello, To whom ever. Dr. Fairchild is one of a (This day & Age) Doctors who Really Cares! Asked questions that were of true care & concern about my feelings and sense of well-being. Did not Rush me ever! most of all, You can tell when a person really cares! Can't express enough the Professionalism and Care & have had while under his care. It's a true Blessing. Thank you
Dr. Fairchild is an excellent doctor with a very laid back and comfortable manner. His staff are top notch professionals who make it clear that the patients care and needs are their priority. I have never been treated better anywhere else.
Dr. Fairchild is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Stormont-Vail Regional Health Center
St Francis Health Center
Morris County Hospital
41 Years Experience
University Of Kansas School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1974
University Of Kansas Medical Center
Dr. Richard Fairchild accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSt Francis Diabetes Center, 6730 SW 29th St, Topeka, KS
Dr. Richard Fairchild is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Topeka, KS.