Have you seen Dr. Richard W Farnam?

Great visit as always

Excellent, thorough service!

Vilma

Vilma, the nurse practitioner, is an excellent provider. She is very thorough with her exams and questions and answers. Above all, she cares!

Cecilia Lopez

Dr Farnam is an excellent Doctor. He operated on me it was major surgery and I recovered right away and didn’t have any pain at all . I highly recommend him . His NP is the most Caring , Professional , and Intelligent person in the world.

My life changer!

I am approaching my one year visit since my surgery and I am still an so very grateful, amazed and in awe of Dr Farnam! The very next day after my surgery, I was walking around and even went to lunch with my husband. I know that not everyone recovers as quickly as I did but I do know that if it wasn't for him doing the surgery, it probably would not of been the same. I put off get my hysterectomy for years and to this day, I regret that I waited so long. I finally can enjoy life without worrying about unexpected visit from aunt flo! I highly recommend Dr Farnam. I can't do a review that would do justice for the great Doctor, Surgeon and person that he is! Thank you Dr. Farnam!

Disappointed

I have been a patient with this doctor for years and while he is a brilliant surgeon, his bedside manner is sorely lacking. When you have a patient call after hours frightened because of severe swelling and your response is a cold “it’s probably your heart or kidneys” without bothering to see me, or try to calm me down, it is highly disappointing. Telling me I’m wrong and likely very ill over a 30 second conversation is rude and unprofessional. If you don’t want to be interrupted after hours, don’t have an answering service. If you don’t want to discuss possible side effects of medication you prescribe, there is a huge issue. I have spent hours upset and trying to find a doctor to see me because of this.

Michelle C

Very pleased with Dr Farnam especially with how my last procedure went. I highly recommend him to family and friends

El Paso is not fortunate enough to have MD Anderson or Mayo Clinic; El Paso citizens are often forced to travel to get specialized care, however we are blessed to have Dr. Farnam and his extraordinary staff. Few realize that Dr. Farnam is one of 28 physicians in the entire country who is trained to perform robotic/laser surgery. Dr. Farnam, who is a gynoeuroligist is not only highly skilled but also delivers exactly what he promises! We are lucky Dr. Farnam has brought his expertise to EP TX.

Dr. Farnam gave me my life back!

Dr. Farnam performed a total hysterectomy on me over a year ago. Prior to that, I had been complaining of pelvic pain to numerous doctors for over a year, I had been to several different therapy centers and taken countless medicines to no avail. Being in constant pain had taken a toll on my mind, my body, my daily life at work, and most importantly at home with my family. I went in to see Dr. Farnam and he and his staff took the time to listen, really listen to my concerns and complaints of the pains I was having and gave me a list of options I had to try to resolve my issue. I opted to have a total hysterectomy. A couple of days after my surgery, I contacted Dr. Farnam's office to ask a question about a medicine he had prescribed, the office staff was wonderful! They transferred me over to the nursing staff immediately and she answered all my questions. As silly as this may sound, they made me feel as if I was Dr. Farnam's ONLY patient, and THAT is pretty darn good! However, the topper was a week after the surgery when my children said to me, "Mom, it's good to have you feeling better....we'd missed you."

Best doctor i ever had

So i have endometriosis and with my husband being in the military we are always moving and finding new doctors all over again. I remember i read Dr Farnam reviews before schedule an appointment and all i read was good things about him. I have to say i was not disappointed at all after the first visit. I went to his office feeling hopeless and in severe pain from about 5 months before and after visiting 6 different doctors without a solution. After that first appointment i knew he was the right Dr for my condition. Him is very patient explaining everything and procedures and answering every question i had. I had surgery with him a month ago where he excised endo tissue, took my appendix out and presacral neurectomy and I'm feeling better than ever! Recovery it was very easy and within a couple of days i could feel the huge difference and notice my pain was finally gone. Like i told him in the post op he gave me my life back. Him and his staff including Donna the manager went above and beyond making sure i got my surgery done and everything was right due to some problems from my stupid insurance. Dr. Farnam is the best dr i ever had and would definitely travel from wherever we are to have surgery done with him again. Thank you and all your staff for being so nice and professional.

A DOCTOR,S CHOICE FOR SURGERY

I am a GYN surgeon from the East Coast. When I found out that I had to have surgery, I immediately knew I wanted the best surgeon to perform it. My husband and I did some research and everything we came up with pointed to Dr. Richard Farnham. So off to El Paso we went. His office staff organized everything and they were so pleasant and easy to work with. We immediately felt comfortable after meeting him. He listened to our concerns and answered all of our questions. We never felt rushed. The morning of surgery he prayed with my husband and myself, which was very important to me. The surgery went great. I left from the recovery room and stayed for two days in a nearby hotel to recover before leaving to fly home. Dr. Farnham even called us at home to check up on us. No one ever wants to have surgery, but if you need it, Dr. Farnham was hands down the perfect choice for me. You will never regret placing your health in his hands.

His patients don't know just how lucky they are!

I knew I needed a hysterectomy and my friend's husband who is a physician recommended Dr. Farnam. I felt confident in my decision to see him after reading several reviews and finding out that people come from other cities just to see him. His office staff is very friendly and easy to work with as every time I go in I have my 3yr old with me and they are very helpful. His award winning expertise with the Da Vinci had me convinced I was in the right hands. I watched the surgery on Youtube (they go through your belly button and an incision on each side of your lower abdomen) so I was familiar with the procedure and what to expect after surgery. What caught me by surprise was his talent in reconstructing the belly button! Let me explain. After having 4 children and losing the baby weight I had a tummy tuck in 2015. After surgery and years later I was walking around with a tiny hole where my belly button once was. It looked very fake. After preforming my hysterectomy Dr. Farnam recreated my belly button and 8 weeks later I have a natural looking belly button! I think many of his patients don't even realize just how lucky they are. Most doctors, including board certified cosmetic surgeons do not possess this talent! (I have a little hood and everything!) Surgery went great, post op went great, I'm walking away with a natural looking belly button... I am very thankful I chose Dr. Farnam. I am even going to stay on and get my annual exams there as well.

Dr. Richard W Farnam is similar to the following 4 Doctors near El Paso, TX.