Get the facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including the conditions and medications that can cause it.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- Prostate Cancer Get the facts about prostate cancer, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Richard Fightlin
Dr. Richard Fightlin, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Porterville, CA. He has 48 years of experience. His specialties include Urology. Dr. Fightlin is affiliated with Sierra View District Hospital, Adventist Health/Hanford Community Medical Center and Adventist Health/Selma Community Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Richard Fightlin has the following 1 specialty
A urologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the male reproductive system, as well as the urinary tracts of both males and females.
These doctors cover the kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder, adrenal glands, urethra, and the male reproductive organs which include the testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis. Some common disorders that urologists treat are urinary tract infections (UTI), stress incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and cystitis. These urological specialists also perform vasectomies and vasectomy reversals.
Dr. Richard Fightlin has the following 1 expertise
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
Dr. Richard Fightlin is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 18
My husband was very I'll with a kidney stone with retintion. Hospital put in catheter. Was referred by hospital. First apt went ok. Doctor seems not all there. Was told by doctor he didn't have any creditionals at any hospital and could not do any surgery or procedures. He couldn't even remove my husband's catheter. He told me how to do it. Didn't feel comfortable doing it so we had to go to are family doctor. We had a follow up apt at 1:30 the next day. We lived 45 min from doctors office. I left work at 12:30 got home late and drove like a mad woman to get him there. When we made it on time there was a note on the office door stating the doctor was out for the day. We never got a phone call telling us to reschedule. The doctor charges $65 for no show or no call apt. I feel he owns us $65! This doctor is very flaky. Gave my husband the wrong meds. Confirmed by are family doctor and basically left my husband still ill. I will be reporting him to state boards and my insurance company. Save your time and piece of mind go to another urologist!
I had a surgery in office, horrible experience bedside manner were not good at all. Dr. Fightlin was yelling to me, to not move although i was going thru pain. He was banging on the door because one his assistant forgot a tool for the procedure. The procedure took 3 times as long. I wouldn't recommend him at all.
Dr. Fightlin is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Sierra View District Hospital
Adventist Health/Hanford Community Medical Center
Adventist Health/Selma Community Hospital
Tulare District HealthCare System
Sierra Kings District Hospital
Adventist Health/Central Valley General Hospital
Childrens Hospital of
48 Years Experience
New York University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1965
Yale University School Of Medicine
Dr. Richard Fightlin accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
Locations & DirectionsRichard Samuel Fightlin MD, 560 W Putnam Ave, Porterville, CA
Dr. Richard Fightlin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Porterville, CA.