Get the facts about chronic pain, including body parts that are most commonly affected and complications that can arise from the condition.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Richard S Finkelman has the following 1 specialty
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Neuromuscular Diseases
- Parkinson Disease
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Migraine Disorder
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 62
Dr. Finkelman takes the time to know his patient. Is down to earth and professional therefore making the patient more at ease with sharing their medical issue with the Doctor. Have never felt rushed. Dr. Finkelman made an accurate diagnosis when no other doctor could or would take the time to dig deep enough to resolve the problem. I highly recommend Dr.Finkelman as a caring, knowledgeable and professional Doctor.
Dr. Finkleman helped to diagnose a movement disorder that was also related to my chronic insomnia. Although he couldn't really do much for me because my issues were outside of his expertise, he went out of his way to refer me to a physician who was able to treat me. Finkleman has since check in with my new physician to ensure that I'm doing well. I would recommend him to anyone.
I have seen this doctor quite a few times and now I am so sick of hearing whenever I go in about how I need to change my primary doctor because he does not know what he is doing. I have thought about letting my primary doctor know that the doctor he referred me to is bad mouthing him but I never have.....I am re-considering. The more I see him, the more I realize he is not much of a doctor
Dr. Finkelman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
35 Years Experience
Philadelphia College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1983
Dr. Richard S Finkelman accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCoastal Neurology Associates, 158E NH Route 108, Dover, NH
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Richard S Finkelman in this video.
Dr. Richard S Finkelman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Dover, NH.