Dr. Richard Fix Is this you?

3.9

Have you seen Dr. Richard Fix?

Dr Fix UAB Birmingham, AL

Posted on March 29th, 2016

Dr Fix is very good, had a few issues with the tram flap procedure but he helped me in every way possible and I'm very satisfied with his work. He has compassion for his patients and I greatly appreciate what he does!

Posted on May 11th, 2015

Dr. Fix has been fantastic.

Posted on June 12th, 2013

Dr. Fix has a double personality. As long as everything is going well he has the most caring bedside manner you could ever expect; however, if you have complications it's everyone's fault but his. I have serious complications from my reconstruction. He refuses to accept responsibility, laying blame everywhere but the outdated procedure he used for my reconstruction. Women, be informed. Dig deep for research into CURRENT best practices for reconstruction. A nice cosmetic result is not worth compromising the rest of your body.

Dr. Fix is wonderful!!!

Posted on May 4th, 2012

As a breast cancer survivor who had failed attempts at reconstruction over the last 5 years, I had almost given up hope for reconstruction following bilateral mastectomy. Mine was a complicated case, and I was actually referred to him by my 2nd plastic surgeon in 5 years. Dr. Fix and his staff are amazing! I am a health care provider myself, and after the prior failed attempts was quite anxious. I had so many questions, but they never treated me with anything but respect. They were patient and understanding with me, and he did what 2 other surgeons had told me was impossible. I feel great now - thanks to him and Dee. I would refer anyone to him. My only regret is that I didn't know anything about him from the beginning of my journey - I would have gone to him 1st, and probably would never have had the multitude of complications that I had. I can't say enough good things about Dr. Fix and his staff.

Outstanding Breast Reconstruction Surgeon

Posted on January 10th, 2012

Dr. Fix is a perfectionist. I needed to undergo reconstruction. It happened to be a bit more of a complex procedure. He is indeed a master in the field. He artfully resculpted the breasts that really look great and restored my self-esteem. He is so compassionate--The morning after my surgery he came to see me and he was so sad and dissappointed to tell me he needed to take me back to OR for excessive bleeding (we knew there was a risk of that happening since I had excessive scar tissue from previous surgery). After that all healing process has been very smooth. I had a concern 3 weeks after surgery. His office said to come in at 1:30p that day. He saw me within a matter of minutes and assured me all was just fine. I highly recommend Dr. Fix with your breast reconstruction surgical needs. He is a "gem"!!

Ugggghhhh

Posted on December 20th, 2011

I waited for 2 hrs and 20 minutes and finally dressed and left without seeing the doctor. His staff was aloof and rude and never brought in the video I was supposed to view plus they left me waiting in a hospital gown freezing for almost 1 & 1/2 hours before I became disgusted and left. There were only 3 of us in waiting area when I arrived so I can't understand the long wait. I attribute this to arrogance or at least aloofness. I was referred by the same Clinic he's in so that is probably where most of his business comes from.

Posted on May 7th, 2010

angers easily

wonderful doctor and staff

Posted on April 7th, 2010

Dr. Fix has the best bedside manner. He is very kind and knows his stuff. He was my plastic surgeon after my double mastectomy and did a double tram flap. His team was very professional, caring and after it was all said and done my oncology nurses said it was the best reconstruction job they had ever seen. He comes highly recommended.

Posted on August 26th, 2017