Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Richard R Foy has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Richard R Foy has the following 6 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Dr. Richard R Foy has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 3 of 3
Dr. Foy may have been fine when he was in private practice. But the whole "visiting physicians" idea for elderly patients is a disaster waiting to happen! My mom was very ill with an upper respiratory infection, and I when I called the appointment number, I was routed through numerous channels for an entire morning, leaving messages, being put on hold, or having my call dropped over and over again. When I finally spoke to someone, they could not send Dr. Foy out until later in the week, at the very earliest. No one apologized or showed any concern for this chaos! My mom is 88 years old, and has a history of pneumonia. We went to urgent care and were treated immediately, and with antibiotics, she made a full recovery quickly. Lesson learned...this is not a good system for elderly patients who have multiple health concerns and dangerous risks. Find a primary care doc in a standard practice, if you are looking for a new doctor. This is a disaster waiting to happen!
I was not impressed with Dr. Foy when Dr. Foy would come he never examined me he just sat and worked on his computer. I would tell his what was going on with me and he would not listen to me at all I would call his office with a problem and instead of coming out to see me and examine me he would say go to the emergency room. The reason to have a primary care doctor is so that when you are sick you do not have to go to the emergency room. Dr. Foy only cares for himself and shows up once a month so that he can collect money from the insurance company. Stay away from this doctor.
33 Years Experience
Wright State University Boonshoft School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsAllison Marie Reilly, 395 Oyster Point Blvd Ste 512, South San Francisco, CA
Dr. Richard R Foy is similar to the following 3 Doctors near South San Francisco, CA.