Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Richard M Furlong has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Richard M Furlong has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. Richard M Furlong has 0 board certified specialties
Showing 5 of 7
Dr Furlong is an excellent doctor ... he listens closely and asks questions back to me to ensure he is hearing what i am saying ... he reads in information posted by the techs who take my vitals and talks to me regarding my last visit and how i was feeling today ... he looks at me when he talks to me ... he shares information available to me regarding classes,support groups and reading material to help me understand my diabetes and my medicines and why i need to take them ... checking in at his office is set up for the patents, it is well thought out, clean and up to date .... he understands what patients need when they come to see him ... i had joined his group meeting that exposed me to his other patients who also have diabetes ... it was wonderful ... his methods were responsible for my A1C to drop from 9 to 6.7 ... he and his staff are very knowlegable, professional, friendly and happy people ... i moved across the state so i am unable to attend his group meetings but the skills i learned in those meetings still work for me today ... because of those skills i am free of insulin but i am still type 2 diabetic ... thanks you, Dr Furlong (my sugar doctor)... :))
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
32 Years Experience
Medical College Of Wisconsin
Graduated in 1986
Virginia Mason Hospital And Medical Center
Dr. Richard M Furlong accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
Group Health Coop
- Group Health Coop Alliant Plus Connect
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Premera Heritage Signature
- Premera Heritage and Heritage Plus 1
- Premera LifeWise Connect
- Premera VA Mason Med Center: Personal Care
Regence Health Plans
- Regence Evergreen Health Partners
- Regence WA Preferred Provider Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsVirginia Mason Kirkland Medical Center, 11800 NE 128th St Ste 300, Kirkland, WA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Richard M Furlong in this video.
Dr. Richard M Furlong is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Kirkland, WA.