Dr. Richard Bennett Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Richard Bennett?

Professional

Posted on October 30th, 2016

Poor Bedside manner. Tries to overbill you and has his staff be rude in the process . The staff did not explain the procedure and did not tell the truth about how the fees can increase significantly .

First Rate Doctor

Posted on August 24th, 2016

A+ talent and performance. Dr. Bennett performed a significant squamous cell cancer removal approximately 25 years ago with no recurrence! I've been back many times since, including yesterday, to check out numerous moles that all turned out to be nothing. Dr. Bennett and his team are super-talented, hard-working, meticulous, caring, and honest. Southern California is so lucky to have this level of talent located here. It is true that if there is a serious cancer procedure it can take a day of hanging out to ensure that Dr. Bennett and his team get all of the cancer cells removed without cutting away more good cells than necessary. It is so worthwhile for any patient who cares about the result to wait for this well-established process to be complete. I was able to bring plenty of reading and writing material so that I wasted no time. But Dr. Bennett, his assisting doctors, nurses, and staff stayed until late to finish, demonstrating enormous dedication. If you are lucky enough to get Dr. Bennett as your doctor, you are getting the invaluable benefit of his extensive training, tremendous experience, and rare talent, both as a Moe's surgeon and as a dermatologist. You are also getting an additional something very special with a doctor of integrity who puts his patients first. Don't be fooled by his quiet, serene, and unassuming nature. He is performing at a peak level and training his fellow doctors at the same time. This is a blessing for his patients, his fellow doctors, his staff, and the community. There is a good reason he has consistently been voted by his peers as one of America's Top Doctors in Dermatology, with Moe's Surgery as one of his acknowledged specialties. Only approximately 1% of doctors receive this honor from their colleagues each year, but Dr. Bennett has received this honor repeatedly. I just saw that he has again been voted into Castle Connolly's most recent 14th Edition of America's Top Doctors.

Posted on November 26th, 2014

I was in Dr. Bennet's office about 10 hrs. He does' really explain things to his patients or at least to me. Poor rapport with his patients to make you feel at ease. Plus I wonder if I even had Moh's surgery, he took a large area and then did a flap but never explained anything to me. Maybe it is because I am a nurse and a woman. He spent time on my stitches because there were a lot to do, maybe some sensitivity is greatly needed.!

If you see him at UCLA, you will have to pay his rent in addition to your co-pay!

Posted on September 16th, 2014

I was referred to Dr. Bennett because he is a specialist in a skin condition I have. After waiting months for the appointment, he spent maybe 10-15 minutes with me. Did not even initially ask to see my skin. Despite being a "specialist" in this condition, his suggested treatment methods (surgery/antibiotics) were old fashioned and ineffective, and he was unwilling to even entertain the possibility of new ideas that there is ample anecdotal evidence might work. OK, so I wasted some time and a $20 co-payment, so what? Well, a couple of weeks later I get another bill for $163. When I call UCLA to inquire about this, I was informed that this bill was for rental of the hospital room in which the Dr. and I met. He has an office in an office building elsewhere but only sees patients with this particular condition at UCLA, and we are required to pay his rent. I have an good PPO plan for which I had already reached my deductible, but it has a separate in-hospital deductible that I hadn't reached yet, so I had to pay the full amount. Nearly $200 for a 15 minute appointment with a surgery mill and a Dr. who is not up to date on his "specialty". Be warned before going to see this Dr. you are paying for his general business expenses and rent.

Dr. Bennett is THE BEST!

Posted on May 16th, 2012

I have had several skin cancer lesions removed by Dr. Bennett. His level of knowledge and care and follow-up post op we're excellent. I trust him with my face as this is where all the skin cancer shows up.

Posted on September 22nd, 2010

I can't praise Dr. Bennett's treatment enough. He is a doctor who takes his patients' needs seriously and leaves as minimal scars as possible. I am very grateful that I found him when I needed surgery on my face which required 16 stitches, and that left one barely noticeable scar.

Posted on October 27th, 2017