Chronic Dry Eye
Get the facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms and doctors who treat this condition.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Chronic Dry Eye Facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms & doctors.
- Contact Lens Care A complete overview of contact lenses.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Richard G Lewis has the following 3 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Cardiovascular Disease
An ophthalmologist has the training to do much more than just prescribe glasses. They are physicians specially trained to diagnose and treat disorders of the eyes and vision. These doctors are experts on the complicated anatomy of the eye and are trained to treat eye diseases through both medical and surgical methods.
Some common conditions that ophthalmologists treat are cataracts, glaucoma, strabismus, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration and amblyopia. In addition, ophthalmologists can provide prescriptions for eye glasses and contact lenses and perform LASIK surgery and other corrective surgeries for refractive errors like myopia (near-sightedness), hyperopia (far-sightedness), astigmatism and presbyopia.
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Heart Block
- Unstable Angina
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
50 Years Experience
University of Virginia
Graduated in 1968
Dr. Richard G Lewis accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Richard G Lewis is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Richmond, VA.