Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you. ttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Richard L Gaertner Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Richard L Gaertner Jr has the following 15 expertise
- Sports Medicine
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Joint Replacement
- Bone Fracture
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Herniated Disc
- Hip Surgery
- Knee Osteoarthritis
Dr. Richard L Gaertner Jr has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Richard L Gaertner Jr is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
This practice is the worst nightmare for any patient looking for proper treatment. I had a tennis elbow that was bothering me for over an year. Went to him since he is located close by. Saw me for 2 minutes; ordered X-rays, gave me steroid injections (which I later learnt are not to be given or taken lightly). Anyway, problem was getting better but then I injured my elbow again swinging a hammer; went back to him; he asked me to get an MRI (only from a particular MRI center (!) and come back. He did not discuss the MRI with me; instead his physician assistant met with me and told me that the MRI showed a partial tear in my tendon; When I asked questions about the MRI and asked her to show me the tear etc she deflected all questions (because she had no clue). On the way out Gaertner started started pushing me into immediate surgery; all the tactics that you see in a car salesman-- "we can get you in day after tomorrow if you say yes now" -- "next appt. would be much later", "since we have a cancellation we can give you a discount!!" , etc. etc. I had warning bells clanging in my head by the time I left. This was a surgery that had partial chance of success and would need 4+ months of rehab! No way I was going to get pushed into surgery on my right hand (I am right handed) by a 75+ year old doctor whose hands shake , without getting a second opinion. When I called to get my MRIs (which I had paid for) so I could take to another ortho for a second opinion, I got some pushback but I was persistent so that finally gave in (had to shell out a "processing fee"). Took the MRI to Dr. Annunziata at Commonwealth Ortho. What a difference. He checked me and then told me that the MRI should be thrown in the garbage; My problem did not need surgery and that surgery would most likely have made things worse. Just told me to take it easy with my arm and it would heal in a few months. He was correct. Two years later, my arm is absolutely fine ; I am back to doing everything I was doing before-- golf, home renovation projects, gardening etc. Thank god I followed my gut! Stay away from this place !
WHAT A GREAT GUY! HE TOOK X-RAYS OF MY SHOULDER AND NECK. CHECKED MY RANGE OF MOTION OF BOTH THEN ORDERED AN MRI OF MY SHOULDER. HE THOUGHT I HAD A ROTATOR CUFF TEAR. THE MRI PROVED HE WAS RIGHT.I HAD SURGERY JUST BEFORE CHRISTMAS 2010 AND NOW MY SHOULDER IS GREAT.HIS OFFICE STAFF IS WONDERFUL. A VERY CARING GROUP OF PEOPLE. CURRENTLY "DR G" IS TREATING A MEMBER OF MY FAMILY AND SEVERAL FRIENDS THAT I REFERRED.
Dr. Gaertner is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
53 Years Experience
Temple University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1965
Medical College Of Virginia Hospital
Dr. Richard L Gaertner Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry - Southside Tier 2
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsOrthopaedic & Sports Medical, 133 Maple Ave E Ste 300, Vienna, VA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Richard L Gaertner Jr in this video.
Dr. Richard L Gaertner Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Vienna, VA.