Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Richard W Gates II
Dr. Richard W Gates II, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Indianapolis, IN. He has 27 years of experience. His specialties include Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Gates is affiliated with St Vincent Indianapolis Hospital. Dr. Gates has received 4 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Richard W Gates II has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Women's Health
- Menstrual Pain
- Pelvic Exam
- Hot Flashes
- Birth Control
- Child Birth
- Pap Smear
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
I have never had an encounter with Dr. Gates that was bad. He is a very caring person and a wonderful doctor. As for the staff, they are always rude and it is very obvious that they are there for the paycheck and not to assist patients. They have no concern for patients. I was upset that they were not concerned for my condition and told me over the phone that they could not help me and that I would have to wait until my appointment which was more than 2 weeks away.
I am very impressed with Dr. Gates. He is a very caring doctor and after he delivered my daughter my husband was impressed with him with each doctor's visit. Even when my husband has seen him outside of the office, he remembers us and always asks how we are. I don't know if he does all of his patients like this, but it makes us feel good that he cares that much!
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2011, 2012, 2010)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2010, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Gates is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
27 Years Experience
Indiana University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1991
St Vincent Hospital Health Center
Dr. Richard W Gates II accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem IN Pathway X Bronze Direct CACA HIX
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Encore Health Network
- Encore Health Network
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- IU Health EMPLOYER PLAN
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
PHP Northern IN
- PHP Select with Encircle
SIHO Insurance Services
- SIHO Network
- Sagamore Plus
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsObstetrics And Gynecology Of Indiana North, 8240 Naab Rd Ste 400, Indianapolis, IN
Dr. Richard W Gates II is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Indianapolis, IN.