Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Richard J Geer has the following 1 specialty
Dr. Richard J Geer has the following 4 expertise
- Pancreatic Diseases
- Liver Diseases
Showing 5 of 37
Dr Geer is a very caring doctor that puts his patients first. He has great bedside manners and spends the time necessary with his patients. He takes the time to explain your results of your test, and answers all of your questions. I would not want any other doctor treating me for breast cancer, but Dr. Geer.
Horrible experience. I have yet to have this doctor explain to me the surgery that was performed. He called with my biopsy results and proceeded to read me the results of another patient, which were much worse than mine! I had no one in that office give me any pre-op instructions so I went to the wrong place. Every visit the wait time is 2 hours for a 3 minute visit then he doesn't even listen I would use someone else if I had it to do over
Dr. Richard Geer was very nice and informative. The staff, all except Jeff (who Dr Geer called in about scheduling my appointments and surgery) was very nice and helpful. Jeff, however was nice to my face but NEVER once followed through on anything he said in the office. Jeff said he would call me the very next day to firm out our plans but Jeff never called & has never returned a phone call & Jeff never answers the phone, it always goes to voice mail. Left Several messages over a 3 month period and Jeff never responded. Therefore, I will no longer see Dr Geer or anyone else there that uses Jeff, as apparently Jeff doesn't do anything he says. Not sure if Jeff actually does anything but stand around and lie to your face. So I gave a 1 for follow up after visit as I never heard back from Jeff or for that matter anyone in that office after my visit, too bad it wouldnt accept not clicking on anything. I would have filed a formal complaint but if i ever HAVE to go back i'd be afraid of retalliation... but i am not sure how it could get much worse than good ol' boy Jeff.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
35 Years Experience
University Of Alabama School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1983
Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Dr. Richard J Geer accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TN Blue Network E
- BCBS TN Blue Network S
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsThe Surgical Clinic, 356 24th Ave N Ste 400, Nashville, TN
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Richard J Geer in this video.
Dr. Richard J Geer is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Nashville, TN.