- Ulcerative Colitis Get the facts about ulcerative colitis, including what causes it, signs and symptoms, and complications that can arise from the condition.
- Psoriatic Arthritis Get the facts about psoriatic arthritis, including who gets it, the symptoms, and the different types.
- Adult Asthma Get the facts about adult asthma, including who gets it, what triggers it, and how allergies can affect it.
- Fibromyalgia Get the facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions that may be related to it.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Richard L Gelfand MD
Dr. Richard L Gelfand, MD is a doctor primarily located in Chevy Chase, MD, with other offices in Bethesda, MD and Washington, DC( and 3 other locations). Their specialties include Gastroenterology.
Dr. Richard L Gelfand has 5 locations
Dr. Richard L Gelfand has the following 1 SPECIALTIES
Dr. Richard L Gelfand has the following 14 expertise
- Hepatitis C
- Hiatal Hernia
- Abdominal Pain
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Colon Cancer
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Celiac Disease
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2016, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors (1)
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Richard L Gelfand Accepts the Following Insurance
More about Dr. Richard L Gelfand
Originally from New York, Richard Gelfand, MD received his undergraduate degree in 1975 from the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia. He continued his education at Georgetown University Medical School, where he graduated in 1979 as a member of the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society. research projects and publications, Dr. Gelfand has performed Peer Review for the Maryland State Medical Society and is a member of the Quality Assurance Committee at Suburban Endoscopy Center. He is also active on the lecture circuit to both lay and professional audiences, including speaking to community groups and teaching Gastroenterology Board Review courses for other physicians. He has been recognized by his peers as a "Top Doctor" in Washingtonian magazine. Dr. Gelfand is married with three children and enjoys spending time with his family. His other interests include tennis, basketball and coaching youth soccer.