Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Richard Gerety
Dr. Richard Gerety, MD, FACS is a Doctor primarily located in Rio Rancho, NM, with other offices in Farmington, NM and Los Ranchos, NM (and 8 other locations). He has 41 years of experience. His specialties include Vascular Surgery and Thoracic Surgery. Dr. Gerety is affiliated with Espanola Hospital, Kaseman Presby Hosp and New Mexico Heart Institute. He speaks English.
Dr. Richard Gerety has the following 2 specialties
- Vascular Surgery
Vascular surgeons treat and manage disorders in your veins, arteries and your lymphatic system to ensure blood circulation in your heart and in brain is the best it can be. They're well-versed on how your vascular system works with the rest of your body and they can treat conditions that may cause blockages or buildup.
They can perform many of the same diagnostic testing as interventional radiologists can, such as angiography and MRIs. In addition to diagnosis, they provide critical care and treatment for aneurysms, artery blockages and trauma injuries that involve your veins. They can also help patients manage diabetes, blood pressure and cholesterol as well as treat artery disease. Treatment for more serious cases might include bypass surgery or surgery to remove plaque.
- Thoracic Surgery
If you need surgery to treat a complication in your chest, which includes your lungs, esophagus, diaphragm and heart, your doctor will refer you to a thoracic surgeon. They’re trained to offer surgical treatment for tumors and abnormalities in these areas as well as respiratory and heart conditions like lung cancer, heart disease and diseases in the diaphragm.
Thoracic surgeons are similar to heart surgeons, except they have additional training in the entire cardiorespiratory system and in how your blood vessels work with your lungs and airways. They’re also trained on catheters used in the chest, as well as cardiac and respiratory support systems that might be part of your treatment plan.
Dr. Richard Gerety has the following 5 expertise
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Diabetes Complications
- Varicose Veins
- Vascular Malformations
Showing 2 of 2
Dr. Gerety is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Kaseman Presby Hosp
New Mexico Heart Institute
Saint Joseph's Medical Center - Albuquerque
Lovelace Womens Hospital
Lincoln County Medical Center
Roswell Regional Hospital
Heart Hospital of New Mexico
Kaseman Presbyterian Hospital
West Mesa Medical Center
Lovelace Medical Center
41 Years Experience
University Of New Mexico School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1976
Strong Memorial Hospital
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Richard Gerety in this video.
Dr. Richard Gerety is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Rio Rancho, NM.