Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Richard A Gorman has the following 2 specialties
- Adult Reconstructive Orthopaedic Surgery
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Richard A Gorman has the following 5 expertise
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
Dr. Richard A Gorman has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Richard A Gorman is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 32
This Dr was extremely unprofessional , rude and sacastic. I went to him because of my insurance. I had a broken bone. He performed surgery to place hardware in my arm and it failed. I told him it didn't feel right, he said it was my fault for not moving it. He said there was nothing else he could do. Then, the hardware started poking out of my skin. I had a hard time finding another Dr. To fix it. Luckily my insurance changed and I was able to get another Dr. To perform another surgery to correct the problem. Would not recommend this Dr.
In the beginning, especially since a family member recommended, I thought this physician might be OK. I had a total hip replacement after which he said I should experience no further pain. That made NO sense since I'd had the other one done years earlier and definitely experienced post surgical pain. However, I was walking and hiking after 5-6 weeks following my first total hip replacement by another surgeon several hundred miles away. After the surgery with Dr Gorman I had not progressed in 4-5 months as much as in 5 weeks the first time. I then began to have horrifically serious symptoms for which I had to be hospitalized for 8 days. I had severe clots in both legs and a pulmonary embolism all because I was not prescribed a medication by Gorman which is ABSOLUTE protocol following hip surgery. I would BEG you to locate a better physician.
After waiting almost a month to see this particular dr. , a PA walked in the room with 2 RX's that he himself had written out! He then proceeded to jam his thumbs into both sides of my knee (SO PAINFUL) to "show me that PA's know more than people think!) and I cried out in pain! He then said " I'll let 'him' give you the cortisone shot" and walked out! I did not fill out one single piece of paper or even sign anything. ...he told me "we got everything we need from your dr's office. 5 minutes later Dr. Gorman came in and said "it has been recommended that you take these 2 RX's". I told him I was already on a steroid and really shouldn't take any more. He crossed it off. The other RX was or anti-inflammatory. ....I was already on one of them also, but he insisted that I take it. Then he grabbed me ankle, pushed it as far as he could (I an still crying in pain) and he says " it shouldn't hurt that bad!" and gives me the shot-tells me to come back in 3 montsh
31 Years Experience
Medical College Of Wisconsin
Graduated in 1987
Carolinas Medical Center
Dr. Richard A Gorman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana South Florida HUMx HMOx
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Richard A Gorman in this video.
Dr. Richard A Gorman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Jupiter, FL.