Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Richard S Gottfried
Dr. Richard S Gottfried, MD is a Doctor primarily located in New Rochelle, NY. He has 36 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Gottfried is affiliated with Yale New Haven Health Greenwich Hospital. Dr. Gottfried has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Richard S Gottfried has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Richard S Gottfried has the following 8 expertise
- Diabetes Complications
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 20
For the better part of 4 years I have been searching for an Internal Medicine physician that possessed a great bedside manner and great skills. I had two doctors who possessed neither, which left me feeling unsupported. Dr. Gottfried changed all that for me, thankfully! In addition to having great skills, his bedside manner is terrific. I feel like I am in good hands.
TERRIBLE! He is probablly one of the most unprofessional profetionals in the business. I wouldn't take my dog to this so called doctor. He is truly a quack. Seriously beholdent to big pharma and the medical insurance industry. Should be investigated! 98% of his function could be performed by an extremely simple computer program. Although he is but a microbe in his profession, he somehow convinces himself (and his staff and patients through intimidation) that he is some sort of medical god. For this "doctor" the rating system on this site needs to include scores less than 1 star.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Gottfried is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
36 Years Experience
New York Medical College
Graduated in 1982
Lenox Hill Hospital
Dr. Richard S Gottfried accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem CT HMO BlueCare
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Preferred PPO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsWhite Plains Physician Associates, 1296 North Ave # 200, New Rochelle, NY
Dr. Richard S Gottfried is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New Rochelle, NY.