Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Richard T Grapski
Dr. Richard T Grapski, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Knoxville, TN, with another office in Lenoir City, TN. He has 40 years of experience. His specialties include Hematology & Oncology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Grapski is affiliated with University Of Tennessee Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Richard T Grapski has the following 2 specialties
- Hematology & Oncology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Blood Cancer
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Hepatitis C
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
Showing 5 of 9
My father, sister, and I went to this appointment with my mother. My mother had an aggressive form of CLL. While my mother certainly didn't dress as though she should be on the pages of Vogue, she was neatly dressed for this appointment. Grapski made a snarky comment about her pants. Later he made a rude comment about her socks. I was stunned. I thought perhaps I misunderstood the comment about the pants. Then, when he made the comment about her socks, I knew I hadn't imagined his rudeness. Here, this lady is so very ill, and he thinks it is appropriate to make fun of her pants and socks. I was flabbergasted. We had hoped to find a doctor who would aggressively treat the disease. Instead, we found a fashion critic. We took my mother to Vanderbilt instead, where she received all of the standard treatments, then some experimental ones when those were not effective.
VERY FRIENDLY! VERY VERY OPTIMISTIC, ALWAYS LOOKS AT THE POSTITIVE SIDE OF THINGS! GREAT SENSE OF HUMOR IN AN ENVIROMENT WHERE THERE ISN'T A LOT OF HUMOR...BUT WHERE A LAUGH OFTEN HELPS!! DONATES AS MUCH TIME TO HIS PATIENTS AS THEY NEED, AND NEVER ONCE RUSHED ME!! HAS THE BEST TEAM OF NURSES!! RESPONDS IMMEDIATELY TO PHONE CALLS. RICHARD GRAPSKI IS AN ALL AROUND FANTASTIC DOCTOR!....IN MY OPINION.
Dr. Grapski is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
40 Years Experience
Loyola University Chicago Stritch School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1978
Boston University Medical Center
Dr. Richard T Grapski accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TN Blue Network E
- BCBS TN Blue Network S
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Knoxville PPOx
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Richard T Grapski in this video.
Dr. Richard T Grapski is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Knoxville, TN.