Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Richard A Greer has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Richard A Greer has the following 17 expertise
- Mood Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Personality Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Child Psychiatry
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mental Illness
- Sleep Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Forensic Psychiatry
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
Showing 5 of 32
I'm surely going to miss Dr. Greer @ Halifax Behavioral he has been my 14 year old daughter Psychiatrist for going on 8 years this year Soo sad to see him leave 😢 He will be missed I feel he really listened to me & my troubles with my daughter he was NEVER Afraid to try a new medicine NEVER afraid to tell my daughter like it is Not sugar coat things . He was a GREAT DOCTOR 😍 I pray he finds what he is searching for & that he will be back in practice of Helping others again soon. Many BLESSINGS FOR A GREAT DOCTOR🙏
Doesn't give you five minutes, rushes the kids in and out.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011, 2015, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2011, 2014, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
33 Years Experience
University Of Florida College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
Dr. Richard A Greer accepts the following insurance providers.
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- First Health PPO
Locations & DirectionsHalifax Behavioral Services, 841 Jimmy Ann Dr, Daytona Beach, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Richard A Greer in this video.
Dr. Richard A Greer is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Daytona Beach, FL.