Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Richard H Greenberg has the following 3 specialties
- Colon & Rectal Surgery
- Critical Care Medicine
Also sometimes referred to as intensivists, critical care specialists are physicians with specialized training in the diagnosis and management of life-threatening conditions. Some of these conditions affect vital organs like the heart and lungs, those that make breathing difficult or impossible, and those that affect entire organ systems, like the renal system.
Critical care specialists are typically found in a hospital's intensive care unit where they monitor patients with life-threatening conditions and make determinations as to the best course of treatment.
- Colorectal Surgery
- Electromyography (EMG)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
After running about an hour late for our appointment (with zero apology!), Richard Greenberg was condescending, argumentative and had absolutely no desire to allow me to explain and show him my symptoms. He also fails to respect patient gender rights. After his office assured me he would not be bringing in a nurse practitioner, he had a woman following him around whom he failed to identify, and whom I did not want to have in the room given that the exam required exposure of my genitals--leading to another argument. Denying a surgical patient courteous treatment, and the essential ability to interact with their doctor, amounts to substandard, unprofessional treatment. As a result, my condition is worsening, forcing me to shop around for another surgeon on a bad Horizon Blue Cross insurance plan.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
39 Years Experience
Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University
Graduated in 1979
University Of Pennsylvania Health System
Dr. Richard H Greenberg accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Horizon PPO
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsEinstein Surgical Associates, 9880 Bustleton Ave Ste 205, Philadelphia, PA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Richard H Greenberg in this video.
Dr. Richard H Greenberg is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Philadelphia, PA.