Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Richard H Hershey has the following 1 specialty
Dr. Richard H Hershey has the following 1 expertise
Dr. Richard H Hershey has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 17
I don't mind the wait, because he spends the time you need with him and doesn't rush you through. He takes the time to discuss your issue and answers all your questions. His beside manner is great and his humor relaxes you. He has always been spot on in every diagnosis he had made for me. If he feels there is a doctor better suited to treat something, he is humble enough to tell you that and will connect you with that doctor. He sent me to Cleveland once for a hernia repair, because he felt this surgeon could better serve the type of surgery I would need. He is kind and compassionate and never ever rude. He is very down to earth. He has a genuine care and concern for his patients. I would recommended him hands down. He's the best doctor I have ever had!!!
What a kind, caring, brilliant, compassionate Doctor....it doesn't get any better than Dr. Hershey. His schooling from prestigious colleges are something for the little town of Marietta, Ohio to be proud to have him reside and practice in their city. Does not have the typical mid-Ohio valley ego that most of our doctors carry with them. Knows his limitations and doesn't hesitate to "ship" you off to Cleveland Clinic or bigger teacher institutions. What a sad day when he decides to retire.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2015, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Hershey is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
47 Years Experience
University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1971
University Hospital Health System
Dr. Richard H Hershey accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- HealthSpan Access PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsRichard Hutton Hershey Md, 400 Matthew St Ste 202, Marietta, OH
Dr. Richard H Hershey is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Marietta, OH.