Get the important facts about acne, including the different types and what causes it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Richard J Hilder Jr
Dr. Richard J Hilder Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Ocala, FL, with another office in Summerfield, FL. He has 44 years of experience. His specialties include Dermatology. Dr. Hilder is affiliated with Orange Park Medical Center. Dr. Hilder has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Richard J Hilder Jr has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
- Actinic Keratosis
- Skin Biopsy
- Skin Cancer
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Basal Cell
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
I have been to numerous dermatologists in more than three different states. They have been male, female, young, and old. I have never had a doctor take the time to actually listen and HEAR what I am saying and to actually respond to my questions and my concerns--and speak to me as an educated adult as opposed to someone incapable of any kind of comprehension. Dr. Hilder has excellent interpersonal communication skills and should teach other dermatologists how to interact with their patients. As well, I was equally impressed by his approach to my skin problems: by offering me the pros and cons of different treatment options, allowing me to choose which option I wanted--and to be able to make a decision armed with the knowledge that he had provided to me. I have not had a better dermatologist!
Dr. Hilder is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
44 Years Experience
Loyola University Chicago Stritch School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1974
United States Naval Medical Center
Dr. Richard J Hilder Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Richard J Hilder Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Ocala, FL.