Get the important facts about acne, including the different types and what causes it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Richard F Horan
Dr. Richard F Horan, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Chestnut Hill, MA. He has 38 years of experience. His specialties include Dermatology. Dr. Horan is affiliated with Massachusetts General Hospital and Brigham And Womens Faulkner Hospital. Dr. Horan has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Richard F Horan has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
- Hay Fever (Seasonal Allergic Rhinitis)
- Actinic Keratosis
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
- Basal Cell
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Mastocytosis (Mast Cell Diseases)
- Skin Biopsy
- Skin Cancer
Showing 5 of 25
My daughter went to see him twice, every time, he only took about 2 minutes. prescribe the antibiotic, never had anymore instructions, . i dont feel that he is care about the patient 's problems.. because 2-3 minutes is not enough even ask the questions and answer the questions, concerns,instructions, .
He spent very little time with me. He schedule 15 minutes for every patient, but in actuality, he spent about 3 minutes with me. What concerns me more is that he doesn't seem to know much about diseases! He simply ordered a blood test. And then never even bother to discuss the results with me. It is a total waste of time to see him.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2010, 2016, 2015, 2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2009, 2011, 2016, 2008, 2015, 2010)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Horan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
38 Years Experience
Harvard Medical School
Graduated in 1980
Dr. Richard F Horan accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsBrigham And Womens Hospital Allergy And Immunology, 850 Boylston St Ste 540, Chestnut Hill, MA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Richard F Horan in this video.
Dr. Richard F Horan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chestnut Hill, MA.