Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- High Cholesterol Facts about high cholesterol, including risk factors for getting it.
- Obesity Facts about obesity, including causes, risks & doctors who treat it.
- Pulmonary Embolism Facts about pulmonary embolism, including symptoms and risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Richard M Hyman has the following 3 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
A pathologist is a physician who specializes in the causes and paths taken by different diseases in order to accurately diagnose an illness.
Pathologists diagnose and determine the characteristics of a disease through the study of biopsies of diseased tissue or of bodily fluids. For example, a pathologist will look at a biopsy of a skin lesion in order to diagnose or rule out skin cancer. A pathologist will also look at a Pap smear in order to check for a gynecological cancer like cancer of the uterus.
In addition to determining the cause and development of a disease, these specialists also study the changes a disease makes to a body and the consequences of those structural changes.
Dr. Richard M Hyman has the following 13 expertise
- Heart Block
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Attack
- Blood Clot
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Failure
- Heart Diseases
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol
Dr. Richard M Hyman is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 19
I have sent family and friends to him with various problems. Some heart and some other internal medicine problems. They each reported back to me that he was the best doctor they have ever seen. The first time I heard it I didn't believe it but by the 6th time I felt it had to be true. Then I needed clearance for a procedure and I saw him and they were all correct.
Dr. Richard Hyman was probably one of the worst physicians that I have ever seen. While his staff were very professional, kind, and efficient, Dr. Hyman was not. In fact, he exhibited very little regard for my health, was impatient, argumentative, and arrogant. The most troublesome part of my visit with Hyman was the fact that he was unfamiliar with some basic and commonly prescribed hypertension medications. Let me stress that I realize that doctors are not there to be our friends, but are there to evaluate our health and address medical conditions. However, I expect a physician, with an expertise (in this case cardiology) to be familiar with basic statin medications and not have to ask me their spelling and look it up on google. Several times Hyman felt the need to remind me that he has been in practice for 36 years, which based on his attitude, bedside manner, and aptitude tells me that perhaps it's time to retire... Once in the exam room, Dr. Hyman spent all of 3-4 minutes with me and left me in the exam room and said that he'd be right back. For nearly 20-25 minutes I waited in the exam room before an employee came across me waiting for his return. She apologized and stated that the doctor was done. Fortunately, she came into the room, otherwise I would still be waiting! Note: they do NOT validate so this only exasperated the cost of parking to nearly $20. In conclusion, there is something very wrong with this doctor and I was sure to inform the person who referred me to him, who actually didn't even know the dr. I was told that he is a "workers comp doctor", which does not excuse him from neither his lack of professional conduct, bedside manner, or ineptness. I caution anyone who is referred to, being sent to, or contemplating going to see Dr. Hyman that you strongly consider going elsewhere. Isn't your health worth it???? Thank you..
Ohio State University Medical Center
Dr. Richard M Hyman accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA PPO
Locations & DirectionsLos Angeles Cardiovascular Consultants Medical Group, 11645 Wilshire Blvd Ste 825, Los Angeles, CA
Dr. Richard M Hyman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Los Angeles, CA.