Dr. Richard Ihnat Is this you?

3.6

Have you seen Dr. Richard Ihnat?

Knows his stuff, continuously educated on new medical knowledge, efficient, professional

Posted on February 28th, 2017

You go to a small doctor's office to get the old-world charm and the small town bedside manner. You go to a large one, or one closely affiliated with a hospital (such as one within the hospital plaza) to get access to state-of-the-art testing facilities, ease of access to specialists, etc. I understood when choosing Dr. Ihnat's office that I'd be losing some of the interpersonal connection, but I gained back tenfold in the amount of knowledge the man has. If he can't solve your problem or doesn't know the answer to a question, he'll tell you rather than be one of those doctors that gives you a vague answer that answers nothing or answers you in obscure medical terms you research later to find give no real answer at all. I've tried 2 specialists he's referred me to, for things he's either not been able to diagnose or because it's not his particular specialty - both have been knowledgeable and professional. He has a packed schedule ~every day~, folks, so don't expect him to stay and chat. That's okay, I'm busy, too! I'd prefer not to while away my hours in his office. Think about it this way - Ihnat has ALWAYS been on time for my appointments. When can you ever say that about a doctor? It's because he gets in, does his job cleanly and efficiently, and moves on to the next job. If you have further questions, they have an entire system implemented (MyChart) online where you can access your medical records and referrals AND it provides a way for you to ask questions...from the comfort of your own home! The front desk staff mirrors the attitude of the doctor - crisp, clean, and professional. I like how they have the front area broken into several gatekeeping sections (for filtering patients to the correct doctor, appointment setup, payments, written prescription pickup, etc) to make appointments more efficient. MUCH better than having everyone wait at one desk for just 1 or 2 receptionists!

Realistic, highly educated provider

Posted on February 22nd, 2017

I have been seeing Dr Ihnat for some years now. He is very straightforward and will not steer you in the wrong direction. As a medical provider myself, he listens and respects my opinions about my healthcare. My husband, son, stepdaughter, and stepson see him as well. We are a family of realistic people and love the fact that Dr Ihnat is not trying to shut us up and get us out of his office. He actually provides us with exceptional care and keeps up with current research to provide us the best care at all times.

Posted on October 19th, 2015

Excellent and thorough

Dr. Ihnat will play games with your health

Posted on February 28th, 2015

THE_WORST_DOCTOR_EVER!!! Pompous, disrespectful & if_you_do_get_sick_he'll tell you to go the ER rather than help.

Posted on January 30th, 2015

Totally absorbed in watching numbers on the computer, not looking or listening to patient. Makes frightening prognosis based on numbers only. Horrible, horrible doctor.

Posted on January 21st, 2015

NOT A VERY NICE DOCTOR

Posted on August 6th, 2013

Dr. Richard Inhat has no bedside manners. Went to see him for a leg injury. He took one fast look at the injury and stated I needed to go up stairs to the wound clinic and walked out of the room before I could ask any questions( He was in the room about 2 min.). I had to what in the hall while he saw another patient in order to ask a question. He was so rude and had a very nasty additude.

Posted on July 2nd, 2012

This doctor has no bedside manners and spending no time in the office with you. Does not explain problem or reason for treatment.

Great doctor!

Posted on August 2nd, 2011

I have been seeing Dr. Ihnat for 9 years and I cannot say enough good things about him. He was able to diagnose a condition that one ER and one other doctor could not. He also diagnosed my mother's deteriorating heart condition that her cardiologist did not pick up on. He is very detail oriented, concerned and listens carefully. He is extremely sharp and intelligent as well. I have recommended him to several people and they all like having him as their doctor.

Nice dr if you have time to waste

Posted on June 10th, 2011

I have been to see him before but will be switching doctors now. I waited 35 mintues, was taken back to be weighed, etc. - and then then nurse told me I was going back to the waiting room becuase there were two more patients ahead of me (he was a little more than an hour behind schedule). I don't have that kind of time to waste... And the nurse wasn't the least bit apologetic.

Great doctor

Posted on April 13th, 2011

Really liked this doctor; spent good amount of time with me, getting symptoms, telling me the possible outcomes, etc. Did use the computer to input data but I like that as I now have access to my chart online. Did not feel he used the charting to avoid talking to me. Very personable.

Pass on Ihnat

Posted on October 19th, 2009

Completely missed my diagnosis. He is much too concerned about updating his computer than looking you in the eye and listening. Avoid this guy at all costs.