Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Richard Brown
Dr. Richard Brown, DO is a Doctor primarily located in West Winfield, NY. He has 40 years of experience. His specialties include Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine and Family Medicine. Dr. Brown is affiliated with Faxton-St Luke's Hospital-St Luke's Campus, St Elizabeth Medical Center and Faxton St Luke`s. He speaks English.
Dr. Richard Brown has the following 2 specialties
- Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine
An osteopath is a physician who is trained in the philosophy of osteopathic medicine. These doctors have a D.O. degree which stands for Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine, as opposed to M.D. for Medical Doctor.
Osteopathic medicine differs from conventional medicine, which is sometimes referred to as allopathic medicine, in that they incorporate a type of manual therapy called Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine (OMM) into their treatment in which they manipulate the spine in order to relieve pain when other methods have not been successful. This is reflective of the philosophical difference between the two types of physicians; osteopaths are trained to treat the body as a whole in the belief that the body is structured with the ability to heal itself while medical doctors treat specific illnesses or symptoms.
Overall, osteopaths and medical doctors in the US are both equally qualified to treat patients and they work in the same settings and provide the same treatments.
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Showing 2 of 2
Dr. Brown is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Faxton-St Luke's Hospital-St Luke's Campus
St Elizabeth Medical Center
Faxton St Luke`s
St. Luke`s Campus
Faxton-Saint Luke's Healthcare
40 Years Experience
Des Moines University
Graduated in 1973
Our Lady Of Mercy Medical Center
Dr. Richard Brown accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsRichard John Brown DO, 754 Forks Rd, West Winfield, NY
Dr. Richard Brown is similar to the following 3 Doctors near West Winfield, NY.