Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Richard J Lederman has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Movement Disorders
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Parkinson Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Migraine Disorder
- Restless Legs Syndrome
- Dementia Related Behavioral Disorders
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 25
I pursued an opinion from Cleveland Clinic because I'd had undiagnosed strange neuro symptoms after seeing a variety of specialists, tests run, etc. Dr. Lederman was immediately dismissive, refused to review my past medical records, and suggested my symptoms were psychological. Although one of the tests he ordered was abnormal, his letter to my PCP suggested all my tests were normal (although all were not normal) and that I needed a psych evaluation. Although I'd been hopeful to find answers at Cleveland Clinic due to its esteemed reputation, I was thoroughly disappointed by Dr. Lederman.
I have been a patient of Dr Lederman's for more than 10 years. His treatment has been excellent. However, working with the fiancial department at Cleveland Clinic has been a nightmare. Cleveland Clinic does very little to assist in getting their billing to the insurance company correct. Cleveland Clinic says they will call back, but no one ever calls.
- University At Buffalo State University Of New York School Of Medicine & Biomedical Sciences
Massachusetts General Hospital
Dr. Richard J Lederman accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsThe Cleveland Clinic, 9500 Euclid Ave, Cleveland, OH
Dr. Richard J Lederman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Cleveland, OH.