Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Richard J Stock Jr MD
Dr. Richard J Stock Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Portsmouth, VA, with other offices in Portsmouth, VA and Port Orange, FL (and 2 other locations). He has 53 years of experience. His specialties include Cytopathology, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Anatomic Pathology and Pathology. He speaks English.
Dr. Richard J Stock Jr has 5 locations
2504 Sterling Point Dr
Portsmouth, VA 23703
54 Sandie Point Ln
Portsmouth, VA 23701
5131 S Ridgewood Ave
Port Orange, FL 32127
5409 Overseas Hwy
Marathon, FL 33050
1118 Pelican Bay Dr
Daytona Beach, FL 32119
Dr. Richard J Stock Jr has the following 4 specialties
Similar to what pathologists do, cytopathologists analyze specimens in a lab to help your doctor diagnose your condition. However, cytopathologists primarily analyze cells from tissues, tumors and lesions in order to detect disease, whereas pathologists primarily focus on bodily fluid samples.
The most common example of this is pap smears, which cytopathologists use to detect and study the precursors to cervical cancer in women. Additionally, they help oncologists detect blood cancers and blood disorders. You can think of all pathologists as a type of lab consultant for doctors. You consult with your doctor and then he or she often consults with a pathologist who uses lab testing to confirm what they suspect your condition might be.
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
- Anatomic Pathology
A pathologist is a physician who specializes in the causes and paths taken by different diseases in order to accurately diagnose an illness.
Pathologists diagnose and determine the characteristics of a disease through the study of biopsies of diseased tissue or of bodily fluids. For example, a pathologist will look at a biopsy of a skin lesion in order to diagnose or rule out skin cancer. A pathologist will also look at a Pap smear in order to check for a gynecological cancer like cancer of the uterus.
In addition to determining the cause and development of a disease, these specialists also study the changes a disease makes to a body and the consequences of those structural changes.
Dr. Richard J Stock Jr has the following 2 expertise
- Hot Flashes
Dr. Richard J Stock Jr is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
53 Years Experience
Graduated in 1965
Dr. Richard J Stock Jr Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Richard J Stock Jr's office for more information.
2504 Sterling Point Dr Portsmouth, VA 23703
54 Sandie Point Ln Portsmouth, VA 23701
5131 S Ridgewood Ave Port Orange, FL 32127
5409 Overseas Hwy Marathon, FL 33050
1118 Pelican Bay Dr Daytona Beach, FL 32119
Locations & Directions
Dr. Richard J Stock Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Portsmouth, VA.