Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Richard H Janovitz
Dr. Richard H Janovitz, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Orlando, FL. He has 43 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Janovitz is affiliated with Orlando Regional Medical Center and Orlando Regional South Seminole Hospital. Dr. Janovitz has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Richard H Janovitz has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Richard H Janovitz has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
Dr. Richard H Janovitz has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 11
The nurse has screwed up my appointment, prescriptions, etc for the last 3 years. Dr. Janovitz is great, but the nurse messed up one appointment that was supposed to be a checkup, requiring me to come back again. This last time she messed up my prescriptions request. Also messed up another time. Very frustrated with staff. No complaints about Dr. Janovitz
After being recommended and switching to Dr. Janovitz, the attention to care was great at the start. He provided the attention as a new patient and gave professional insight on steps to manage care. Over the past 2 years, the professional services has declined. The assistants were not respectful or pleasant when visiting the doctor for managed care check ups. You were rushed with short, quick answers and no review or consideration of health history. Prescribed medicines that affected other health concerns and contributed to uncontrolled managed care of health issues. Several occasions the disrespect was brought to administration at Family Medical with no success. Even tried to bill after the misapplication of a paid bill. In an effort to avoid confrontation, you keep a cort conversation based on no corrective action being taken with service. Whatever happened to professional service that values providing care? I guess the doctors only want healthy patience to limit liability and to get an easy payday. Truly, Sad! There has never been a follow up to check on the medication responses. As I travel on business, the anticipation is to educate yourself as a patient and then call the doctor if things are not working out or life threatening event. Wow.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Janovitz is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
43 Years Experience
University Of Miami Leonard M Miller School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1975
Tallahassee Memorial Hospital
Dr. Richard H Janovitz accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- AvMed Engage
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsFamily Medical Center, 2863 Delaney Ave, Orlando, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Richard H Janovitz in this video.
Dr. Richard H Janovitz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Orlando, FL.