Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Richard Wang
Dr. Richard Wang, MD, DMD is a Doctor primarily located in Woodbridge, VA, with other offices in Winchester, VA and Reston, VA . He has 11 years of experience. His specialties include Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and General Dentistry. Dr. Wang is affiliated with Reston Town Center Pediatrics. Dr. Wang has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Richard Wang has the following 2 specialties
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- General Dentistry
A dentist is a doctor who diagnoses and treats oral health issues. The most basic services dentists provide are preventative and regular maintenance treatments such as cleanings, fluoride treatments, X-rays (to look for cavities), cavity fillings. He or she also provides advice on proper brushing, flossing, and rinsing for the prevention of plaque buildup.
Dr. Richard Wang has the following 6 expertise
- Dental Implants
- Impacted Wisdom Teeth
- Jaw Defects
- Sleep Apnea
- TMJ Disorders
- Tooth/Bone Loss
Showing 5 of 29
I had an implant by Dr. Wang... he stiches the opening so well.. it heels in 5 days....this was an upper left molar tooth implant, so a sinus lift and bone graft was also required. He took time to make sure the post is set up straight. he explained to me the success rate for upper teeth is lower than lower set of tooth. Today, two month later, I went in to have an tooth extraction. After he learned that I was flying to the west coast for Christmas, he advised me to postpone the procedure until I coming back. His reason was he prefers that his patient to stay nearby one week after a tooth extraction just in case of unexpected emergency. This is a very caring office with a very caring dentist.. I recommend it highly.
I had a terrible experience getting my wisdom teeth removed and I do not recommend anyone going there. I decided to do general anesthesia to get three of my wisdom teeth done. The procedure took like 30 minutes not to forget the fact that I was poked twice because the needle broke in my hand. Then I was send home immediately. Right after the surgery I had terrible pain in my hand from the IV side and my hand started swolling. I thought, that might be normal since my skin is sensitive and I never had general anesthesia before. I waited for 10 days and the pain started getting worse and I had inflammation on my hand so I decided to go back to the office and have it seen. The oral surgeon was speechless and had no idea why my hand was swollen so he referred me to a vascular surgeon. Call the vascular surgeon and hardly made an appointment since it was a emergency matter. As soon as the other doctor saw me, he said there might be clots in there. I was scared to death since it could be very dangerous and I could die immediately. Luckily I was sent for Ultrasound after 5 hours wait and they discovered there was no clots, however, the doctor assured me that the inflammation happened due to the bad injection. The sedation had leaked out of the vein or the needle might have passed the vein and caused the inflammation. It has been 15 days and I am still suffering from the pain in my hand. This is horrible that I was trying to relieve the teeth pain, but I suffered even more because the surgeon did not even know how to inject the patient.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Wang is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Reston Town Center Pediatrics
11 Years Experience
University of Pennsylvania
Graduated in 2001
Dr. Richard Wang accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna DMO
- Aetna DPPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Aetna Innovation Health
- Aetna VA Signature Gold HMO
- Ameritas PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
- Assurant DHA
- Assurant DHA Premier
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BCCA Dental Blue 100/200/300
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CareFirst Regional Preferred Dental PPO
- CareFirst Regional Traditional Dental
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Dental DHMO
- CIGNA Radius Network
- CIGNA Total DPPO
- CompBenefits PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry - Southside Tier 2
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- Delta Dental DeltaCare USA
- Delta Dental PPO
- Delta Dental Premier
Dental Network of America
- Dental Network of America DPPO
- DenteMax Dental
- Dominion Dental PPO
- Emblem Dental - Preferred Plus
- First Health PPO
- Guardian DentalGuard Preferred
- Humana Dental PPO
- MetLife PDP
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Principal Dental PPO
- United Concordia Advantage Plus PPO
- United Concordia Alliance
- United Concordia National Fee-For-Service
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
United Healthcare Dental
- United Healthcare Dental PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Richard Wang is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Woodbridge, VA.