Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Richard D Karem has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Electroencephalography (EEG)
- Neuromuscular Diseases
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Parkinson Disease
- Migraine Disorder
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 34
My husband was originally seen by another neurologist who misdiagnosed him and nearly caused him to die. When we first saw Dr. Karem he was in the last stages of liver failure because of a med he was given incorrectly. for a problem he didn't have. Dr. Karem quickly found out what was really going on and has been there for us and gone to bat for us when Paul needed care wherever he was, always seeing him when he needed to be seen, even in the hospital or talking to out of town doctors when Paul ended up in a hospital in Chico. His staff has always been courteous and helpful. I would highly recommend him to anyone needing a neurologist.
This office is a JOKE! The receptionist "Danielle" is rude and uncaring! We waited over 2 months to been seen by this doctor. When we finally had a date, she told us WE wrote down the wrong date and could not come in. We had to wait for another week to see him. We go in and the doctor was rude. He was the worse doctor I have ever come across. When a doctor takes time out of the visit to tell us why we should vote "No" on Obama care is unprofessional! His words were "You can't get anything for free." Well seems how we waited 2 months to be seen by you, can we please get to the visit for we paid 50$. The doctor set up dates to come back and we could not. So we called 24 hours before and again Danielle the receptionist was beyond rude! That woman needs a lesson in manners and respect! Telling patients "too bad" on the bad bumps in the road in their life deserves to get fired! We walked out of this doctor's office mad. When we found another doctor it took us a week to see him. Only a week! Not 2 months! We go in and the office is friendly, caring and courteous. Nothing like we had in Mr. Karem office, I would not call him a doctor cause a doctor is supposed to care for his patients than Obama care. And mostly thanks to his front desk worker Danielle who made it even worse with her nasty attitude!
39 Years Experience
University Of California Davis School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1979
U S Department Of Veterans Affairs
Dr. Richard D Karem accepts the following insurance providers.
- First Health PPO
- Moda Health Community Care Network
- Moda Health Connexus
- Moda Health Synergy Network
- PacificSource PSN
- PacificSource SmartChoice
- PacificSource SmartHealth Oregon Members
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Richard D Karem is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Springfield, OR.