Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Richard K Kearns
Dr. Richard K Kearns, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Houston, TX. He has 43 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Kearns is affiliated with CHI St. Luke's Health - Baylor St. Luke's Medical Center. Dr. Kearns has received 4 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Richard K Kearns has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Sports Medicine
- Joint Replacement
- Knee Surgery
- Bone Fracture
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Herniated Disc
Showing 5 of 36
Was abrupt, but knowledgeable. He has a reputation of being sarcastic and acts superior. I went to him for help. He was not helpful, and seemed to only want to operate. Not very likeable. Jumped to a lot of inaccurate conclusions Would rather go somewhere else. Seemed very rushed and made me feel like a number.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2015, 2014, 2016, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2012, 2011, 2016, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2014, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Kearns is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
43 Years Experience
Georgetown University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1975
North Shore University Hospital
Dr. Richard K Kearns accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana National HMO
- Humana National POS
Imagine Health - SmartCare
- Imagine Health SmartCare
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsTexas Orthopedic Hospital, 7401 Main St, Houston, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Richard K Kearns in this video.
Dr. Richard K Kearns is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Houston, TX.