Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent
Facts about coronary artery angioplasty with stent, including who needs it, risks involved, and what type of doctors perform the procedure.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- High Cholesterol Facts about high cholesterol, including risk factors for getting it.
- Obesity Facts about obesity, including causes, risks & doctors who treat it.
- Pulmonary Embolism Facts about pulmonary embolism, including symptoms and risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Richard A Kerensky
Dr. Richard A Kerensky, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Tallahassee, FL. He has 33 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiology and Cardiovascular Disease. Dr. Kerensky is affiliated with John D Archbold Memorial Hospital. Dr. Kerensky has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Richard A Kerensky has the following 2 specialties
Cardiologists are doctors who specialize in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of conditions related to the heart and blood vessels.
A patient may be referred to a cardiologist if he experiences symptoms like chest pains, shortness of breath, dizziness, or high blood pressure. The physician will then evaluate your symptoms, take your health and family history and your weight. The cardiologist may order additional diagnostic tests, such as an echocardiogram, X-ray or blood tests. If necessary, the cardiologist may also call for a cardiac catheterization - a procedure in which a small tube is inserted into or near the heart that can take pictures of the heart's activity, or relieve blockage.
Once determining whether there is a heart condition, a cardiologist will treat a patient through cholesterol management, cardiac rehabilitation, and fitness. If surgical intervention is required, like open-heart surgery, a cardiologist will make that determination, but a cardiothoracic surgeon will perform the procedure.
- Cardiovascular Disease
Dr. Richard A Kerensky has the following 12 expertise
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty & Stent
- Myocardial Infarction
- Heart Disease (Myocardial Ischemia)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Unstable Angina
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Heart Bypass)
- Heart Block
- Coronary Thrombosis
- Coronary Disease
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
Showing 4 of 4
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Kerensky is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
33 Years Experience
University Of Florida College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
Mount Sinai Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsCapital Regional Medical Center, 2626 Capital Medical Blvd, Tallahassee, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Richard A Kerensky in this video.
Dr. Richard A Kerensky is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Tallahassee, FL.