Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Richard I Kirkland has the following 1 specialty
- Thyroid Diseases
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 19
Dr. Kirkland came recommended by other clinical staff at Brookwood. For my surgery, Dr. Kirkland met or exceeded expectations with excellent care. All my questions answered. I was made aware of every step of the pre op and post op process. Wait times were minimal. Getting follow up appointments were easy.
After a recent surgical experience with Dr. Richard Kirkland, I can assure anyone reading this review that I would seek out other surgeons. He may be skilled in the OR (questionable as well) but his bedside manner is horrible. A surgery that I consulted him about and he stated I would be in the hospital for 2-3 days turned into a 2 week hospital stay. I required a second surgery and also had to spend many days in ICU. His only explanation was to quote percentages.....I was not at all prepared by Dr. Kirkland for the recovery nor the potential for so many complications. It was traumatic to say the least and 90% of that experience I blame Dr. Kirkland.
Spring of '10, Dr. Rick Kirkland diagnosed my having stage 2 breast cancer. Upon diagnosis, he immediately scheduled my surgeries within 3 days. He was one of the most thorough physicians, with a GREAT bedside manner, and offered as much time as I needed to discuss any questions I had. I attribute my success in getting thru this ordeal to his being so knowledgable, being so proactive, and caring so much about his patients.
Dr. Kirkland is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
32 Years Experience
University Of Alabama School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1986
Dr. Richard I Kirkland accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS AL PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate POS
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSurgical Associates, 513 Brookwood Blvd Ste 501, Birmingham, AL
Dr. Richard I Kirkland is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Birmingham, AL.