Dr. Richard I Kirkland Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Richard I Kirkland?

Dr. Kirkland came recommended by other clinical staff at Brookwood. For my surgery, Dr. Kirkland met or exceeded expectations with excellent care. All my questions answered. I was made aware of every step of the pre op and post op process. Wait times were minimal. Getting follow up appointments were easy.

Would not use again

After a recent surgical experience with Dr. Richard Kirkland, I can assure anyone reading this review that I would seek out other surgeons. He may be skilled in the OR (questionable as well) but his bedside manner is horrible. A surgery that I consulted him about and he stated I would be in the hospital for 2-3 days turned into a 2 week hospital stay. I required a second surgery and also had to spend many days in ICU. His only explanation was to quote percentages.....I was not at all prepared by Dr. Kirkland for the recovery nor the potential for so many complications. It was traumatic to say the least and 90% of that experience I blame Dr. Kirkland.

I recommend Dr. Rick Kirkland !

Spring of '10, Dr. Rick Kirkland diagnosed my having stage 2 breast cancer. Upon diagnosis, he immediately scheduled my surgeries within 3 days. He was one of the most thorough physicians, with a GREAT bedside manner, and offered as much time as I needed to discuss any questions I had. I attribute my success in getting thru this ordeal to his being so knowledgable, being so proactive, and caring so much about his patients.