Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Richard Knudson
Dr. Richard Knudson, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Lakewood, WA, with other offices in Palm Springs, CA and Tacoma, WA (and 3 other locations). He has 41 years of experience. His specialties include Pediatrics and Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine. Dr. Knudson is affiliated with St Anthony Hospital, Mary Bridge Children's Hospital & Health Center and University Of Washington Medical Ctr. He speaks English.
Dr. Richard Knudson has the following 2 specialties
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine
The main responsibility of a perinatologists, also known as a maternal-fetal medicine specialist, is to treat, monitor and assist pregnant mothers through high-risk pregnancies. This includes high blood pressure, early labor and bleeding. They’re also able to identify birth defects and then recommend necessary treatments to support your baby before he/she is born.
Other reasons you may need to see a perinatologist during your pregnancy include diabetes, problems with a previous pregnancy or carrying twins. Having completed OB-GYN training, they’re experts on the female reproductive system with additional specialized training in un-routine pregnancies. So, whether you know you’re at risk going into your pregnancy or problems arise unexpectedly, perinatologists can help you.
Dr. Richard Knudson is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
There are no reviews for Dr. Richard Knudson yet. Be the first to review this doctor!
Dr. Knudson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St Anthony Hospital
Mary Bridge Children's Hospital & Health Center
University Of Washington Medical Ctr
Multicare Good Samaritan Hospital
St Joseph Medical Center
St Francis Community Hospital
University Of Washington Medical Ctr
St. Joseph Tacoma
St Francis Hospital
41 Years Experience
Oregon Health & Science University
Graduated in 1972
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Richard Knudson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lakewood, WA.