Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Richard D Kustasz
Dr. Richard D Kustasz, DO is a Doctor primarily located in East Lansing, MI, with another office in Portland, MI. He has 28 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Kustasz is affiliated with Sparrow Ionia Hospital. Dr. Kustasz has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Richard D Kustasz has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Richard D Kustasz has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
Dr. Richard D Kustasz has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Richard D Kustasz is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
Have been going to Dr. K for over a year now and for the most part, he is a very competent doctor. It's the office staff that we have an issue with. It seems like they never want to help schedule an appointment, and make you wait up to 2 months for a referral!!! They often pass the buck to the nurses to do scheduling and they don't pull files to change info for patients since that would be too much work than just changing info in the computers. Its a shame this office gets poor ratings because of the staff...
I have been a patient of Dr. K(ustasz) since he graduated from Med. school... Okay, since he started his practice in Portland, MI. Over the years I have found Dr. K to be very knowledgeable, compassionate and incredibly resourceful. In fact I have no complaints about Dr. K at all. While Dr. K is top notch, this fact has made it a bit more difficult to get into see him. His reputation is such that he is the most sought after doctor in the Portland area, which can translate into having to wait to get in to see him. Aside from that, Dr. K is top shelf all the way!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Kustasz is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
28 Years Experience
Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine
Graduated in 1990
Dr. Richard D Kustasz accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Richard D Kustasz in this video.
Dr. Richard D Kustasz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near East Lansing, MI.