Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Richard Allman
Dr. Richard Allman, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Philadelphia, PA, with other offices in Philadelphia, PA and Elkins Park, PA (and 1 other location). He has 44 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Rheumatology. Dr. Allman is affiliated with Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Belmont Center for Comprehensive Treatment and Germantown Hospital & Community Health Services. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Richard Allman has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
Dr. Richard Allman has the following 8 expertise
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Stress Testing
Dr. Richard Allman is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 7
Self-verified patient of Dr. Richard Allman - Posted on August 30th, 2017
Self-verified patient of Dr. Richard Allman - Posted on March 20th, 2015
Dr. Allman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
Belmont Center for Comprehensive Treatment
Germantown Hospital & Community Health Services
Albert Einstein Medical Center
Bryn Mawr Rehabilitation Hospital
Montgomery Hospital XXXXX
Mossrehab & Albert Einstein Med Ctr
Bryn Mawr Hospital
44 Years Experience
Thomas Jefferson University
Graduated in 1969
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Richard Allman, MD - Internal Medicine in Philadelphia, PA, in this video.
Dr. Richard Allman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Philadelphia, PA.