Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Richard Berkowitz
Dr. Richard Berkowitz, MD is a Doctor primarily located in New York, NY. His specialties include Maternal and Fetal Medicine and Obstetrics and Gynecology. Dr. Berkowitz is affiliated with NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital - Columbia University Medical Center, New York Harbor Healthcare System and Chilton Memorial Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Richard Berkowitz has the following 2 specialties
- Maternal and Fetal Medicine
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
- High Risk Pregnancy
- Pregnancy Complications, Hematologic
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
Literally the worst bedside manner I have ever seen in a doctor. Dr. Berkowitz is the most condescending and rude doctor I have ever encountered. He answers were short and snippy, and then had the nerve to say "What is it I am saying that you don't understand?" as though he were talking to his 5 year old grandson who is in trouble. The fact that he is an MFM is mind blowing and it is time for him to retire. My wife called him out on his attitude and he seemed to not even understand he was being rude, so it is possible that he suffers from some sort of sociopathy, in which case I feel some what bad about this review, but in any case you should avoid him as a doctor.
Dr. Berkowitz is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital - Columbia University Medical Center
New York Harbor Healthcare System
Chilton Memorial Hospital
New York Presbyterian Hospital - Presby Campus
Mt Sinai Hospital
New York Presbyterian / Westchester
New York Weill Cornell Medical Center
New York Presbyterian Hospital / Columbia
Presbyterian Hospital Acu
- New York University School Of Medicine
New York Presbyterian Hospital
Dr. Richard Berkowitz accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsNewYork-Presbyterian Hospital - Columbia University Medical Center, 622 W 168th St, New York, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Richard Berkowitz in this video.
Dr. Richard Berkowitz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.