Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Richard L Brooks
Dr. Richard L Brooks, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Rockwall, TX. He has 44 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Family Medicine. Dr. Brooks is affiliated with Lake Pointe Medical Center. Dr. Brooks has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Richard L Brooks has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 14
This has occurred twice now which had led me to seek another pcp. The first time I called in a refill was on a Friday morning. I dropped by the pharmacy on the way home from work Friday evening to see that it hasn't been filled not had the r even called the pharmacy back. I called the after hours line even though they still should have been open according to their business hours and the nurse said Dr brooks was out of town and basically nothing could be done. Second time and lay happened yesterday. Basically same story, so the bottom line is if you need your meds when you run out don't rely on this doctor.
Love Dr. Brooks and his nurse, Stella. Receptionist is wonderful to deal with and schedules appointments in a professional manner. Had a problem getting an MRI scheduled in a timely manner. The employee who handles this still had not turned it in to the insurance company for pre-authorization a day and a half later.
Dr. Brooks is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
44 Years Experience
The University Of Texas School Of Medicine At San Antonio
Graduated in 1974
Dr. Richard L Brooks accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsRockwall Family Medicine Associates, 2504 Ridge Rd Ste 101, Rockwall, TX
Dr. Richard L Brooks is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Rockwall, TX.