Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Richard A James has the following 3 specialties
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.<br>He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Richard A James has the following 12 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Substance Abuse
- Birth Control
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Eating Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
Showing 5 of 5
The best in the area.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Richard A James - Posted on December 22nd, 2015
Kind and Compassionate
Self-verified patient of Dr. Richard A James - Posted on July 15th, 2014
I have been seeing Dr James for a while and i think he is one of the best psychiatrists around. he wants me to keep in touch with him about any medical issues going on in my life in case it might affect my psych meds. He talks to me for 45 minutes at every appt. and he really cares about me. He is up on all the latest info on psych meds. I appreciate Dr James and I'm very glad that he is my psychiatrist and I recommend him highly.
Dr. Richard James
Self-verified patient of Dr. Richard A James - Posted on August 21st, 2013
Excellent Dr, that listens and cares
Self-verified patient of Dr. Richard A James - Posted on January 18th, 2013
HE NEEDS ANGER MANGEMENT CLASSES
Self-verified patient of Dr. Richard A James - Posted on September 7th, 2009
HE WENT BALISTIC ON ME...DONT GO TO HIM...HE TOTALLY DIDNT LISTEN TO ONE WORD I SAID TO HIM THE WHOLE YEAR AND HALF..MADE FUN OF ME...CALLED ME NAMES..TTOTALLY ACTED IN A MANNER A DOCTOR SHOULDNT HAVE. I WAS SHOCKED...TERRIBLE BED SIDE MANNER. THE MAN NEEDS HELP BIG TIME..I RECCOMMEND YOU SEEK ANOTHER REPUTABLE DR. HIS NURSE, SWEET AND LOVING.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
32 Years Experience
Medical College Of Georgia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1986
Medical College Of Georgia
Dr. Richard A James Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS Florida myBlue
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
Locations & Directions, ,
Dr. Richard A James is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Bradenton, FL.