Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Richard L Schneider has 2 locations
Book Online Now
Dr. Richard L Schneider has the following 3 specialties
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.<br>He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Richard L Schneider has the following 12 expertise
- Mental Illness
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Clinical Depression
- Personality Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Dr. Richard L Schneider is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
Bought and paid for through L&I... no fairness about it...
Self-verified patient of Dr. Richard L Schneider - Posted on July 5th, 2016
He is of course an IME doctor bought and paid for from the Washington state L&I. He saw me for only 20 mins and said basically said I could go back to work. there is nothing wrong with me ect.... They need to get rid of these doctors who are for the employer or state they are very unfair and biased... They know who butters there bread.. Beware...
Self-verified patient of Dr. Richard L Schneider - Posted on June 11th, 2016
All I can say is this Dr should be locked up for life. Who the heck in there right mind prescribes morphine 3 times a day for 7 years..... my dad is currently in detox getting clean from all the pills this Dr. has been prescribing him everything under the sun and not diagnosing or misdiagnosing in order to pack his own pockets. I pray to god that no one ever goes through what my dad had gone through after meeting this drug dealer.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Richard L Schneider - Posted on February 13th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Richard L Schneider - Posted on March 25th, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Richard L Schneider - Posted on April 16th, 2011
Healthone Corporate Health Services
Dr. Richard L Schneider Accepts the Following Insurance
Regence Health Plans
- Regence WA Preferred Provider Network
Locations & Directions
Dr. Richard L Schneider is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Tacoma, WA.