Dr. Richard White Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Richard White?

Posted on September 15th, 2016

Having received a melanoma diagnosis - my "self" was not real thrilled at the prospect of seeing an oncologist. So, after waiting over 2 weeks after my diagnosis (the dermatologist's PA faxed my documents "twice") I received a call from Dr. White's scheduler. This woman was pleasant, but extraordinarily unprepared to make an appointment. The staff at the front desk could have used a little help too, talking amongst themselves, eating in front of their clients, and just generally not professional in any way, shape, or form leaving me standing, and standing, and standing there waiting for the papers to fill out - even tho ALL my info had been sent from the dermatologist to them, and I might add, my appointment has been and gone and the paperwork from the initial appointment scheduler still hasn't arrived in my U.S.P.S mail. So now I'm filling out the paperwork in the waiting room and along comes therapy dog Windi and her owner - brought a smile to my face. Such nice, nice people - and a kiss from this beautiful little dog made me think the initial part of this would (hopefully) be the worst part. I met Dr. White's assistant, Sheree(?) who absolutely allayed my fears, made me laugh, and made the beginning of the exam process so much more tolerable and eased so much of the stress. I then met Jennifer, the nurse "guider", who could not have been more helpful, tolerant, and a generally all around center of information. Dr. White was amazing - can't say enough good about him and/or his staff all the way back to the wonderful scheduler. By the time I was done and on my way out - my test and surgery had been scheduled - everyone was most kind and so understanding. Then I had to go back to the trio at the front desk - one says can I help you, I say yes, I need to make my $40 co-pay, after many minutes of looking at her computer screen she says "your co-pay is $40" my response, yup - that's what I said. Her next statement oh my card reader doesn't work you'll have to use my co-workers - so I move to the other desk, swipe my card, wait for the receipt to print, then move back to the original front desk person who staples it, smiles and says "have a good day". I'm so very pleased to know that the folks behind the walls are kind, caring, and compassionate - it would bea great idea if those that interact initially (appointment schedulers, front desk associates) with Levine Cancer Institute's clients took some lessons from the people that deal with frightened, stressed-out clients.

Posted on September 2nd, 2013

Most arrogant doctor I have ever met. I was so upset with how I was treated that I found another doctor that same week. I have told everyone I know NOT to go to this doctor if you have breast cancer - there are many other doctors that will give you the respect that you deserve.

Warm, Caring, Physician.

Posted on February 13th, 2012

Dr. Richard White is a wonderful physician. He is very caring, takes plenty of time to discuss your diagnosis with you. He is an excellent surgeon. He is a great physician to me and my daughter. We appreciate and trust him very much.

Posted on January 6th, 2012

Dr. White is a very special person. He is extremely knowledgeable and up to date on the latest technology, medicine and studies. I feel very blessed to have had him as my doctor for breast cancer. Worth waiting for an initial appointment.

Posted on April 19th, 2017