Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Richard W Langert
Dr. Richard W Langert, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Tucson, AZ. He has 44 years of experience. His specialties include Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Langert is affiliated with Carondelet Holy Cross Hospital & Health Center. Dr. Langert has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Richard W Langert has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Women's Health
- Hot Flashes
- Child Birth
- Menstrual Pain
- Pelvic Exam
- Pap Smear
- Birth Control
Showing 5 of 5
I was a larger woman 5 years ago when I was pregnant with my daughter, and Dr. Langert reminded me constantly about it. He'd gripe about how I was gaining too much weight and barely focus on the pregnancy part. During my labor (first child), I had only been pushing for 10 minutes when he decided that had been long enough and grabbed the vacuum tool and yanked my daughter out. She had a horrible sore on her head and it was misshapen for weeks. According to the nurses, he'd scheduled 10 ladies the same day to be induced so he could have the weekend off to play golf so he was in a rush. At my 6 week check-up, he once again made snide remarks about my weight, and when I asked about Mirena birth control his response was, "I don't want to give it to you, it will cost me $40!" (I was on state health insurance at the time, which apparently he didn't like.) I was miserable and also had PPD and I remember getting back to the car with my husband and baby and just sobbing. I'd wish I'd been smart enough to choose a different doctor from the get-go who wouldn't treat me like trash because I was large and on state health insurance. I'm now skinny and on Tricare through my husband's job in the Army. Don't judge a book by its cover. And if you're a larger lady or on state health coverage, PLEASE seek out a kinder doctor who will treat you like a person.
Dr. Langert is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
44 Years Experience
University Of Arizona College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1974
University Medical Center
Dr. Richard W Langert accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsRichard W Langert Md, 6520 E Carondelet Dr Bldg C, Tucson, AZ
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Richard W Langert in this video.
Dr. Richard W Langert is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Tucson, AZ.