Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Richard Lechtenberg
Dr. Richard Lechtenberg, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Brooklyn, NY. He has 40 years of experience. His specialties include Neurology. Dr. Lechtenberg is affiliated with Brooklyn University Hospital, SUNY Downstate Medical Center - University Hospital of Brooklyn and University Hospital of Brooklyn at Long Island Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Richard Lechtenberg has the following 1 specialty
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Back Pain
- Electroencephalography (EEG)
- Electromyography (EMG)
- Facial Pain
- Migraine Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Primary Headache Disorders
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
Dr. Lechtenberg save my mother's life over 10 years ago with a double aneursm. My primary had referred my to 3 separate dcotor's all in her network and all 3 of them were only able to offer appointments 1 month out. The ratings for 2 out of the three were not that great. I needed a doctor that was experienced, available, and could help me. My mother called Dr. Lechtenberg. Any one battling with this chronic illness knows that compassion, a set plan of action that incorporates that patient as well as the doctor's expertise is paramount. This doctor is it. Dr. Lechtenberg accepted my call this Sunday at a moment that the pain was so intense I could barely speak. He guided me calmly, explained what the issue was with the medication I was on and gave me an immediate solution THAT WORKED! I will post again as my journey continues because people need to know there is help out there and doctor's that know about this illness. Thank you Nikki for being amazing administrative support and thank you Dr. Lechtenberg for helping through this journey.
Dr. Lechtenberg is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Brooklyn University Hospital
SUNY Downstate Medical Center - University Hospital of Brooklyn
University Hospital of Brooklyn at Long Island Hospital
40 Years Experience
Graduated in 1973
Dr. Richard Lechtenberg accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions100 Atlantic Ave, Brooklyn, NY
Dr. Richard Lechtenberg is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Brooklyn, NY.