Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Richard J Lesko has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 13
I would highly recommend Dr. Lesko to anyone. He gave me a thorough exam and patiently answered all of my questions. He takes constructive action when he sees a problem, but he does NOT try to rush patients into drug regimens (e.g., statins) that they don't need. He is a kind, compassionate, and trustworthy doctor.
Dr. Lesko is very pleasant and gives you all the time you need. However, he does not provide good follow up care. He told me he would get some information for me and let me know what it meant. He never did it. I wrote him a letter to ask about it and got no reply. I called his staff to ask about it and was told he doesn't respond to letters. His staff was very rude, kept interrupting me, and was of no use. During the actual office visit, his staff actually wrote down one vital statistic incorrectly -- luckily I caught the error when discussing it with Dr. Lesko. And his billing department messed up with my insurance company. If you want a very good bedside manner, he's a good choice. If you want very good medical care, I can't say the same.
I felt this doctor was dismissive of symptoms. He was rigid in his view of testing, result interpretation and treatment. If you want a doctor to tell you what's right and what to do he's your man. If you want a doctor who listens to you can you can discuss your medical condition with (not listen to why his way is the only right way) you may want to consider another physician.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2008, 2009)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Top 10 Doctor - State (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
- Case Western Reserve University School Of Medicine
Overlook Medical Center
Locations & DirectionsSummit Medical Group, 1 Diamond Hill Rd, Berkeley Heights, NJ
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Richard J Lesko in this video.
Dr. Richard J Lesko is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Berkeley Heights, NJ.