Contact Lens Care
A complete overview of what you need to know about your contact lenses.
- Chronic Dry Eye Facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms & doctors.
- Contact Lens Care A complete overview of contact lenses.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Macular Degeneration Get the facts about macular degeneration.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Richard J Leung
Dr. Richard J Leung, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Diego, CA. His specialties include Ophthalmology. Dr. Leung is affiliated with Scripps Mercy Hospital, Palomar Medical Center and Scripps Memorial Hospital-La Jolla. Dr. Leung has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Richard J Leung has the following 1 specialty
An ophthalmologist has the training to do much more than just prescribe glasses. They are physicians specially trained to diagnose and treat disorders of the eyes and vision. These doctors are experts on the complicated anatomy of the eye and are trained to treat eye diseases through both medical and surgical methods.
Some common conditions that ophthalmologists treat are cataracts, glaucoma, strabismus, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration and amblyopia. In addition, ophthalmologists can provide prescriptions for eye glasses and contact lenses and perform LASIK surgery and other corrective surgeries for refractive errors like myopia (near-sightedness), hyperopia (far-sightedness), astigmatism and presbyopia.
- Laser Surgery
- Vision Issues
- Eye Pain
- Refractive Surgical Procedures
- Macular Degeneration
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Eye Exam
- Lasik Surgery
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 24
I've been with Dr. Leung for 20+ years and he's saved my eyesight more than once. He's taken care of my mother's eyes due to her diabetes and one of my longtime friends with LASIK. Recently, he implanted crystal lenses due to cataracts and my eyesight has never been better! No other ophthalmologist would I ever trust more that Dr. Leung.
My experience with Lasik with Dr. Leung and his staff was exceptional. I had my initial appointment, surgery 2 weeks later (had to be out of contacts for two weeks) and was able to see the same day. I had minimal recovery. He was very precise and his staff took orbital measurements 3 times to be certain that I would obtain optimal vision results. I strongly recommend him. Happy to say I see 20/15!
I highly recommend Dr. Richard Leung, as the best cataract surgeon I have ever met with the most accurate diagnosis, the best care, and follow-up. I am in my forty's with very high myopic prescription of -13 and -14 plus about 2-3 diopter astigmatism in each eye, he was the only doctor of the four I consulted whose opinion was the most reliable, logical, and turned out to be correct post-surgery. Thanks to him, after the surgery, having crystal lenses implants along with LRI procedure to get ride of my astigmatism, my vision is now 20/20 in one eye and 20/25 in the other. My reading vision is also in most cases unassisted. I am greatly satisfied from the result and this was one of the best decisions I have ever made in my life. Thank you so much for giving my eye sight back.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2009, 2015, 2008, 2011, 2013, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Leung is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
- University Of Maryland School Of Medicine
Lac Usc Medical Center
Dr. Richard J Leung accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
Sharp Health Plan
- Sharp Health Blue Choice
- Sharp Health Gold Value
- Sharp Health Performance
- Sharp Health Premier
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsRichard Leung Md Inc, 3075 Health Center Dr Ste 403, San Diego, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Richard J Leung in this video.
Dr. Richard J Leung is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Diego, CA.