Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Richard Linchitz
Dr. Richard Linchitz, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Jericho, NY. He has 40 years of experience. His specialties include Psychiatry. Dr. Linchitz is affiliated with University Hospital of Brooklyn at Long Island Hospital, Long Island Jewish Medical Center and North Shore Univ Hosp At Forest Hills. He speaks English.
Dr. Richard Linchitz has the following 1 specialty
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Alternative Medicine
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Environmental Illness
- Holistic Health
- Nutrition Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 25
OK Dr. Linchitz, you can knock off posting all of those nice reviews about yourself and your "wellness center". WE WEREN'T ALL BORN YESTERDAY. Why don't you go back to your original career path of phychiatry. Not quite the lucarative racket that you're hoping this one will be, but you can rake in $250 - $300k with lower malpractice premiums.
Dr Linchitz is a very caring doctor, a cancer survivor himself. He truly knows what you are going through. My first visit with him took over 2 hours. I have never spent that kind of time with a doctor before. He took the time to completely understand my diagnosis. The type of treatment he offers is very innovative and not all people are appropriate but he does his best to point you in the right direction.
Dr. Linchitz is an excellent doctor who truly cares about his patients well-being.
You either believe in holistic medicine or you don't. The crackpots that wrote those comments (probably the same person) obviously wanted instant results. Dr. Linchitz doesn't take the quick route of pumping you full of dangerous drugs. I am very pleased with his professionalism and I am happy to recommend him to others.
Dr. Linchitz is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
University Hospital of Brooklyn at Long Island Hospital
Long Island Jewish Medical Center
North Shore Univ Hosp At Forest Hills
North Shore University Hospital
40 Years Experience
Graduated in 1973
Dr. Richard Linchitz accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions125 S Service Rd, Jericho, NY
Dr. Richard Linchitz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Jericho, NY.