Dr. Richard Luria Is this you?

Terrible Receptionists

Posted on September 14th, 2015

I made an appointment with Dr. Luria a month in advance. That alone was hard enough...I called the receptionist six times over two weeks for the appointment, and only when I showed up at his office (which also happens to be his house), was I able to tell Dr. Luria I had not received a call back. He was completely taken by surprise. I then finally got the appointment, for-as mentioned-a month from then. One week before the appointment, I received a call from the other receptionist that my appointment needed to be rescheduled, for two months later!! I told them I needed my medication, and when they insisted there was not an earlier slot available, I asked to speak to the doctor. She refused. I then asked if I had to come back to the office/house in order to get in touch with the doctor, and she said that, if I did, she would report me to the police for trespassing. The receptionist, mind you, said this...Dr. Luria, as far as I know, is completely unaware that his receptionists are behaving so unethically and unprofessionally. If you like the idea of not even getting an appointment with your psychiatrist for three months at a time, then, by all means, try him out. Because, of course, that's what psychiatry is supposed to be-Only getting monthly medication every three months. Makes sense.

Posted on June 22nd, 2015

I've seen this doctor for 20 months, he tried all kinds of medications, I had to be hospitalized under his care. Kept adding medications, every time I was feeling worse than before, the medication cause me concentration problems, difficulty focusing, tremors and after I changed doctor and he gave me a whole new regimen, now I have liver damage due to the excess of medication Dr. Lauria gave me

Good doctor

Posted on July 5th, 2014

Dr luria is a very experienced doctor. I don't think he overprescribes yet medication is his treatment plan. He will double the dose and add medications that he think will work. Very nice and although on the older side he is up to date on medication.

Something was off

Posted on April 22nd, 2013

Dr. Luria was in the small list of doctors that took the insurance that I happened to have. However, it was the hardest thing to get an appointment due to the fact that you can only call during certain times on certain days in order to get to the Office Manager that makes the appointments. When I got there, it was as if I had stepped into the Twilight Zone. He opened the door to let me in then escorted me into the parlor. That is right... I said parlor. He gave me some forms to complete and then left the room. The visit itself was better than the last Doctors visit. Dr. Luria spoke with me prior to telling me that he thought that I needed to be on medication. He just did not seem to care. Needless to say. That was my first and last visit with Dr. Luria.

A good psychiatrist

Posted on January 30th, 2012

I have been to several psychiatrists in the hudson valley region and I settled in with Dr.Luria. I dont feel he overprescribes meds at all, however that is the main focus of his treatment. If you are looking for someone to discuss at length your terrible childhood or something like that, I feel you would be better off with a psychologist or counsellor. Dr. Luria is knowledgable about the different meds and will prescribe what he feels will do the most for you. He is also more aware than most about the side effects and will try to prescribe the best choice based on your reactions.

Posted on January 6th, 2011

Dr. Luria is quick to hand out prescriptions for psych meds. I personally know two people he has strung out for at least 3 years on XANAX, who also consume large amounts of alcohol. I have been told he prescribes whatever the patient asks for, his patient jokes about it. He is an egotistical over confident quack.

Posted on March 22nd, 2015