More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Richard Lyn-Cook
Dr. Richard Lyn-Cook, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Houston, TX. He has 19 years of experience. His specialties include Pediatrics and Internal Medicine. Dr. Lyn-Cook is affiliated with Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital. Dr. Lyn-Cook has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Richard Lyn-Cook has the following 2 specialties
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Pediatric Diabetes
Showing 5 of 5
By FAR, the most caring and knowledgable Dr. I have ever had an experience with. He saved my life (literally) and continually amazed me we his ease of care and ability to think "out of the box". He is priceless in so many ways.Unfortunately, I lost him as my treating dr about a year ago when he left the practice we used and took a new position. He is irreplaceable and I miss him dearly.
Dr Richard-Lyn cook is an assset to the community and to clinics in wich he works, he is kind and caring an allways willing to take the time to listen to his Patients needs,and concerns I WOULD RECOMMEND HIM TO ANYONE I care about
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Dr. Lyn-Cook is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
19 Years Experience
Yale University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1999
Mount Sinai Medical Center
Dr. Richard Lyn-Cook accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCypress Physicians Association, 13215 Dotson Rd Ste 160, Houston, TX
Dr. Richard Lyn-Cook is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Houston, TX.