Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Richard M Barrett
Dr. Richard M Barrett, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Houston, TX. He has 50 years of experience. His specialties include Psychiatry and Child & Adolescent Psychiatry. Dr. Barrett is affiliated with CHI St. Luke's Health - Baylor St. Luke's Medical Center. Dr. Barrett has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Richard M Barrett has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
Dr. Richard M Barrett has the following 22 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Child Behavior Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Anxiety Disorders
- Panic Disorder
- Memory Disorders
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Geriatric Psychiatry
- Mood Disorders
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Personality Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Eating Disorders
- Drug Abuse (Substance-Related Addiction Disorders)
Dr. Richard M Barrett has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 11
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Barrett is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
50 Years Experience
Drexel University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1968
Li Jewish Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsRichard M Barrett Mdpa, 3730 Kirby Dr Ste 700, Houston, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Richard M Barrett in this video.
Dr. Richard M Barrett is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Houston, TX.